Monday, May 11, 2009

Get Ready for Blast Off!

Right now, I am watching the live feed of our brave astronauts getting ready for their repair mission of the Hubble Telescope. http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html A few years ago, I had the privilege of meeting and having lunch with Michael Massimino, one of the astronauts on board, when he paid a visit to our school. I was excited to see this link sent to our school by the person covering my maternity leave. As I watch the astronauts getting suited up and being secured to their seats, I am experiencing an adrenaline rush, a rush I am sure they are experiencing at this very moment. Technology has given me this gift. What was once only experienced by astronauts and the people who work at NASA can now be experienced by anyone with an Internet connection. I am grateful to live in such a time. How many children are being inspired at this moment? What a gift....

No comments: